Posts Tagged italian leather jackets
Italian leather jackets and fur coats, just day dreams? This black shearling #leatherjacket @pierotucci is our a answer.
He came to our store with his wife and she tried on a jacket (probably more than one!) BUT they opted not to buy right away, they wanted to “shop around”. However, it was love at first sight and even while browsing all of Florence, this lovely model was the one she couldn’t stop thinking about. In the end, she went home to the States empty handed.
Her husband secretly contacted us, sending a photo of her modeling the jacket while visiting the Pierotucci Leather Factory asking our help in identifying the jacket and the size . . . and thus the saga began.
The emails flew back and forth: size and color were the main topics – plus a little bit of good Texan humour from Jerry!
IT HAS TO BE GREEN ! Green is her favorite color.
Even though this jacket came in a light gray color in our store, how could we ignore his plea?
We solicited our tailor to find the right shade of green and he did. A sensual dark shade of emerald
green in a gorgeous vintage inspired leather – Jerry was enthusiastic, and we must admit we were starting to get caught up in the excitement of the his gift giving.
Next step was confirming the size - obviously Jerry couldn’t go taking body measurements . . . at least not without a good excuse
This was going to be a big Christmas surprise and he knew he was taking a chance. He told us :
Hey, I usually surprise her with diamonds. Tough to mess up on those!
We were determined that he wouldn’t mess up with this gift either. She’s petite he told us. Jerry was insisting she would need a size 40 (What a sweetheart! If only my DH would insist that I am a size 40!) However our experienced customer service knew that this jacket was cut small and insisted on finding a way of getting some body measurement. With some careful Mission Impossible work, Jerry managed to get us her measurements, and we matched them up to one of the girls in the office. Our customer service department has found this to be the best way to assure a perfect fit . . . try it on someone with similar height, weight and body measurements!
The jacket was put into production!
But Jerry was anxious to make this the best Christmas yet
“What about gloves to match?”
We knew that getting the same colour green would be impossible since the quality and type of leather used for the jacket is different from that of a soft pair of gloves so we suggested a complimentary color – a rich chocolate brown classic style kid skin glove. We had some more fun and games sorting out the size of the gloves, with Jerry sending us a picture of her “worn” gloves! But his endless funny comments kept us all in the holiday spirit.
NOW THE WAIT.
The jacket was finally ready to be shipped. As nervous as he was about getting the right size, he told us he would not peek but wait until Christmas Day. He decided to let his Darling Wife open the box and they would both look at it together.
The result? They were ecstatic. Jerry sent us photos of her wearing the jacket next to the Christmas tree and she looked like a million dollars.
Beverley and DonnaWell we did it !!!!!! It looks great and she LOVES it.I thank you sooooo much for all your help.Definitely a great big Grazie mille!I am sending a few pictures I just took.MERRY CHRISTMAS and a very HAPPY NEW YEAR.
Another success story from Pierotucci!
Notice the 3/4 sleeves, the large collar and the mixed leathers (nappa and exotic) in this Oscar de la Renta leather jacket design.
Gianfranco Ferre is highlighting raw edges, flowing designs, mixed leathers and wide belts.
In this design from Hache note the embossed leather and raw edges on both the jacket and the leather skirt.
J Mendel played with quilted nappa leather in leather jackets, skirts and accessories.
Jason Wu shows this sweet fitted leather bomber in exotic leather.
1) Thunderous looking clouds are pushing the sun out of the sky! Its always rather eiry when warm yellow sunlight penetrates through the heavy gray clouds. But let it rain, we won’t begrudge the water reservoir the pleasure of filling up, even if it does mean a possible weekend under the umbrella.
2) Working double time to get all the new products on line in time for our pre-Mother’s Day Sale. Managed to wriggle out a great discount on so many of our designer leather handbags . . . I am beginning to wonder if maybe M & M didn’t have a touch of a fever when they gave the go ahead ! Buy now before they make me change all the prices.
3) Yum, dinner is breaded lamb chops and fried artichokes – gees, when you are about to eat this well who cares if its raining outside. Looking forward to a gorgeous fire, a leisurely dinner, a glass (or three) of a robust Chianti and cuddling up on the couch with my favorite Italian Sweetie and a warm wool blanket for a romantic film, which half of us will sleep right through.
4) This month we have been flying through our stock of Italian leather jackets, looks like the 2012 collection is going to be a roaring success. I have been trying to entice my Sweetie to have a look and pick one out but I think he is waiting for me to surprise him. Won’t he be surprised when the jacket I bring home is for ME and not him.
5) FORZA VIOLA! It’s looking a bit desperate and I think we will need all the help we can get on the soccer field this Sunday. In fact, I have considered taking all the lucky charms off of our FORTUNATA BAGS and bringing them home just to tip the balance of the scales in our favor.
6) I am sitting here counting the minutes till break time so I can dig into this box of dark chocolate covered hazelnuts cookies that I saw at the supermarket this afternoon. I can’t believe I am actually hungry after the Girls Night Out yesterday with my ex-pat colleagues and an improvised Mexican Menu, who knew Chianti went so well with tacos and fajitas. And Bria, that Guacamole was … well, let’s just say I am without words.
We are always looking for feedback on any new arrivals, sometimes you get so excited about a model, cut or color that you saw in January and when it finally comes into stock, you have lost some of the original enthusiasm. We started planning our 2012 collection Dec / Jan, and it seems as soon as it went live that this washed tobacco colored Italian leather was striking a cord internationally. Since this jacket has become part of our 2012 Collection, it has been getting top ratings from our Florence store shoppers. Have a look … what’s your take on the jacket?
When it first came in, we thought the color was just a bit too … loud – but it has begun to grow on us. Perhaps the aspect that I like about this jacket the most is the detailed stitching on the front, adding a little bit of movement and defining the figure. I also really like the buckled tabs on the back, which accent the slim fit of this jacket. This is not a bulky motorcycle leather jacket but rather, an addition to “his” wardrobe that is designed to catch a little bit of attention.
What are your thoughts on this cut and color?
This jacket looks just as good in person as it does in the photo and the washed leather look gives it a vintage inspired feel. The asymmetrical zipper and the mandarin collar work well together open or closed. It comes in black but the brown is just a bit different!