We all want our leather items to look fantastic, in fact we want them to look as good as the day we walked out of the shop with it or we took it out of the box. Here a few simple tips that will help you achieve that just purchased look and feel.
Ok, you know not to toss your leather jacket or leather bag in the washing machine. But now it’s time to get technical:
- Don’t store leather in a plastic garment bag! It can’t breathe. Opt for a cloth cover instead.
- If you absolutely must iron the item, set the iron on the lowest setting. Don’t use steam! Place a heavy brown wrapping paper (or grocery bag) on the right side of the garment between the garment and the iron. Quickly iron using a light hand. Avoid overheating!
- Keep the item on a broad, study hanger so it keeps its shape.
- Put plenty of tissue paper in your bag so it keeps its shape and store it in a dustbag away from direct light.
- If the item becomes wet, let it dry naturally. Avoid extreme heat or humidity that may damage the skin’s natural oils.
- Clean smooth leathers with a damp cloth.
- Regularly brush suedes and nubuck. Avoid chemicals cleaning.
- Don’t spray hairspray or perfume while wearing your leather items.
- Seek out a professional leather care specialist when the goods become badly worn or soiled.
Don’t forget to check the label and the Guide to Common Home Laundering & Drycleaning Symbols!
For more details contact Pierotucci’s customersevice.