WWF and the he Northern Great Plains in North America. This area known as the great plains covers an area of about 3.2 million square kmilometer which includes parts of the United States and Canada.
WWF’s Work to Protect the Northern Great Plains
WWF’s work in the Northern Great Plains centers around four conservation actions:
• Work collaboratively with tribal leaders, private landowners and land and wildlife management agencies to improve land and wildlife management practices.
• Find opportunities to reward landowners for conservation practices, such as helping landowners develop biodiversity management plans.
• Conserve and restore endangered, threatened and keystone species and their habitats.
• Address the most pressing environmental, community or environmental threats.
What are WWF Goal and Strategies?
By 2020, WWF will conserve 15 of the world’s most ecologically important regions by working in partnership with others to:
- Protect and restore species and their habitats
- Strengthen local communities’ ability to conserve the natural resources they depend upon
- Transform markets and policies to reduce the impact of the production and consumption of commodities
- Ensure that the value of nature is reflected in decisions made by individuals, communities, governments and businesses
- Mobilize hundreds of millions of people to support conservation
We at Pierotucci are using our good fortune and FORTUNATA to help WWF help Save the Earth, one bag at a time. In July we will have 80 Fortunata Designer Tote Bags on sale and the proceeds from the sale of this bag will be donated to WWF to further their efforts to Save the Earth.